Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicago Here I Come!

Today was a great day...spending time with old friends, visiting my favorite restaurant, finding a new bead shop (at least for me) and having dinner at the Japanese grocery store/restaurant and visiting the Japanese book store and gift shop.  I'm in heaven...Hope my friends didn't mind me dragging them all over the place.
I am preparing for the Japan exhibit at the gallery which opens on the 15th of this month.

There will be many day to day items as well as some traditional pieces in the exhibit.  On display will be the etched and carved glass table that I (Margie) did.  We will also have a real tea brush that is the design source for my etched table.  Hope many of you can make it.  Our hours have changed..Tues-Friday 1pm-5pm, Saturday 11am to 4:30 pm, or by appointment.
Here's a pic of my very first etching class in Japan...not sure why my eyes are closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment