Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creativity, fashion, how we create fashion from varius cultures

Tonight we learned how our fashions are derived from various cultures. Wonderful program. More on this later. Sat next to woman who has lived in Brazil and China....great conversation. Everyone asks me why I am at a conf for spinners and weavers and I don't do either one....more on that later too. Stay tuned. Two more felted bags are coming back with me to the gallery. You will love them. Hopefully they will find a home in Omaha/Springfield, Lincoln area. Visited my favorite gallery in Albuquerque today, the Pallette....wonderful glass.

2 comments:

  1. Ok here is why I was at the conf in Albuquerque....there were also felters there and dye-ers there and vendors.....wow! were there vendors!!! Met some great people who had some Japanese art and clothing...took a class using a Japanese stencil for doing devore which is burning away synthetic fiber off of a silk shawl....it was very cool. I now have 2 wedding shawls at the gallery that I did...one is shiboi that was done by wrapping the scarf around a pole and applying a resist and the other is of ghinko leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took a class called Organizing for the Creative person. This was taught by Susan Lazear, Professor of Fashion at Mesa College in San Diego, California, and owner of Cochenille Design Studio, a company that produces software for the textile arts. It was great being in a room with similar like minded people....will work on putting into place her suggestions. Thanks Susan....great time.

    ReplyDelete